The HK4200A-3 BayStar hydraulic steering kit comes with the most commonly-used cylinder (ram) to bolt to most outboards, which is the HC4645 series. Some outboards require an alternate cylinder. Please refer to the application guide below to see if your outboard requires an alternate cylinder or has any other notes:
Pivot Plate Swap
If your outboard requires a cylinder other than the HC4645 series, you can convert the HC4645 into the alternate cylinder by simply swapping the pivot plate. You can find each of the three BayStar kit variations (with the necessary pivot plate) here:
- BayStar with HC4647 (HA4641 Pivot Plate)
- BayStar with HC4648 (HA4642 Pivot Plate)
- BayStar with HC4658 (HA4643 Pivot Plate)
Please use the instructions below to perform the pivot plate swap:
- If your outboard requires the HO5090 spacer kit, you can find the HO5090 spacer kit here.
- The BayStar should only be used on boats with a single helm, single outboard, top speed under 55 mph, and outboard up to 150 hp. Refer to the hydraulic selection guide for more information.